Monday, November 29, 2004

Silkweaver's Fabric of the Month Club!

I joined Silkweaver's Fabric of the Month Club this month. I chose the Aida option -- big pieces (18x28) which means I get two pieces of fabric every month. This is really cool because what I get is a surprise, and plus, it builds up my stash. I seem to be going through fabric lately!

My first shipment arrived last week and I am delighted with it. It is two Solos, which are one-of-a-kind hand dyed fabrics that Silkweaver changes every week. I got one 16 count which is predominantly blue with some pink in it, and an 18 count which is a pale rose. I am thinking that maybe I can use the pale rose for some Silver Lining roses I am going to stitch ("Baby Roses"). I will toss the threads onto the fabric and see if there is enough contrast to make a go of it.

I love Silkweaver fabrics anyway. They are such high quality and the colors are wonderful. I used Silkweaver's Strawberry Milkshake when I made Easter Kitty Moon a while back (it's in this blog near the beginning). I am in a Millennium Cats round robin in RoundRobinCrazy, and I am going to use Tutti Fruitie for that. I already have the fabric and will start gridding it up as soon as I finish the last Christmas ornament! Hopefully that finish will be on Wednesday...

No comments: