Thursday, July 15, 2004

Current Projects

My current project is BAA from The Bold Sheep.  The Bold Sheep is a UK  based company owned by Louise Ellwood.  The designs are wonderfully whimsical.  And yes, some of them feature sheep!  BAA is a popular design, and it has two companion pieces, MOO and OINK.   I bought mine at eBay, but their web page is www.theboldsheep.co.uk.  It comes as a kit with Anchor threads and 14 ct Aida, but I am using DMC equivalents with 18 ct Aida.
 
I also have some projects that are almost finished.  One of these is Bless the Graduate from Lizzie*Kate.   I'm making it for my son, Mark, who just graduated from high school and who is about to start at Columbia College Chicago.   I only have a couple of lines of red berries to go, almost nothing, but I got hung up on BAA.  I'm stitching it on 28 ct linen using DMC threads, even though it calls for Sampler threads.   At least they won't bleed.
 
Another project I haven't completed is an iris bookmark for my mother-in-law.  All that's left is the backstitching which, I must admit, is pretty extensive.  It is stitch on an 18 ct ecru bookmark blank with a lace border.
 
Finally, there's Easter Kitty Moon from Stitchy Kitty Designs (http://www.stitchykitty.com/designs.htm).  All I have left on this one are some lazy daisy stitches and a button.
 
I have one UFO (unfinished object) that I think will forever by a UFO.  It's a Celtic Knot that I started right before I had surgery on my left arm at the end of December.  It's a relatively easy pattern but it took me forever to get as far as I did.  It's big and it's got only five colors and it's boring as heck.  I took it out and started Easter Kitty Moon and that was the end of that.
 
What I really need to do is put BAA aside for a few days and finish the UFOs!

No comments: