Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Cleaning the House Myself????

I have cleaning ladies. They are from Molly Maids. It costs me $70 a visit plus a $10 tip. I had them come every other week for a while, and then about three or four months ago switched to every week. But my expenses have increased and I just don't have the money any more. I haven't cleaned house myself for years. I have been thinking about this and wondering if I will have the consistency to do it myself. I wish I could have them come once a month. That would really help. But if I have to do it myself, I would have to go out and buy such things as a mop and a feather duster. I would have to accumulate some rags. See what I mean?

I am thinking about spending some time cleaning the house for three days (today -- Wednesday -- tomorrow and Friday) and if I can do it I'll cancel for Monday. That would be a sort of trial. But my fear is that I won't be able to keep it up. I don't know how this would work. I would have to get into the routine of cleaning every morning, just like I take the dog out every morning. I haven't done this for years.

See the dilemma? I'm not accustomed to cleaning the house myself, and I don't know whether I'll be able to do it.

UPDATE: Well, I'm not good at cleaning the house myself. I'm just not motivated. I tend to pick up just before the cleaning ladies come, and then I still don't do a great job. But at least the house is clean, even if it's still cluttered. So I'm going to have them continue to come every other week.

No comments: