Monday, April 06, 2009

I did it!

It has now been about seven weeks since I quit smoking! I have been taking Chantix, a medication my PCP prescribed for me. It has really helped with the cravings. I rarely have the urge to smoke, and when I do, it goes away pretty quickly. My quitting has even inspired my daughter to quit. She is using Nicorette.

The best thing about quitting smoking is how I feel in the morning. I wake up feeling really good. I am also not coughing, except that sometimes my throat still feels a little itchy. But it isn't like it used to be.

I think the Chantix is also preventing me from gaining additional weight. My weight has remained stable. I need to lose a little weight (just one pants size) but I haven't put any weight on since I quit smoking, which is a first for me. The weight is what always makes me go back to smoking.

I highly recommend Chantix. It is VERY expensive, but not more than smoking a pack a day.

No comments: