Saturday, August 27, 2005

Changes, Transformations, Metamorphoses

I have been going through a lot of changes recently. My interests are becoming broader and I am thinking about new things. I have joined some new groups. I have ordered new books. I have some new blogs and spend more time writing.

It seems like my friends are changing too. In the last few days, two of my friends have dumped me. They were internet friends. We were a trio, the three of us. They said I was too "needy," but I don't see it, and I don't even feel there's anything to deny. I mean, I can't find neediness anywhere in me. And I've looked.

All I feel is transformation. I feel very different than I did a few weeks ago. I think I am going in a good direction. I don't understand why anyone would reject me now, unless they don't like who I am becoming. Maybe we have gone in different directions. How that can be interpreted as neediness, I don't know. It may just be an excuse to end the relationship.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course I know nothing of the situation you're speaking of, but I never really understand why people don't just let a friendship drift away and die a natural death instead of insulting someone before running away. It's very unkind.

I'm sorry you lost two friends. You can count me as a new one. :)

Unknown said...

Thank you for that!

I always seem to end up on the losing end of friendships. This is something I am thinking about.