Monday, December 01, 2008

The Empty Best Buy

I went to Best Buy this evening, to get car chargers for my phone and iPod, and when I walked in I was shocked to see only one person there.  All the cashiers were milling around, and the greeters had nothing to do.  (I am surprised they didn't all converge on me.)  As I entered, I exclaimed, "This place is really empty!"  I guess I shouldn't be so shocked given the state of the economy, but one would think Best Buy would be really busy three weeks before Christmas.  It was a very strange experience.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best buy has good deals, but I'd like to share with you how I got 90% off brand new laptops. The economy is weak, and companies are willing to do anything to sell products.

How to Haggle Laptops

Unknown said...

Mberenis, this sounds like a web-site advertisement. It's awfully clever, but it doesn't have much to do with my post. Indeed, I didn't even mention laptops (I have a Dell and my son has a MacBook -- so neither of us would be interested in your website anyway). What I mentioned were car-chargers for my iPod and cellphone. It's strange how you got it onto the topic of laptops. So, what are you selling? And by the way, I didn't even look at your website.